Monday, April 29, 2013

Different Yet the Same

We just held our semi annual Stake Conference.  It was wonderful.  I think it changed me.

While there I felt such a strong sense of family and community.  I felt connected to those of our faith as well as others.  We are a community--different from each other--yet the same, in so many ways.

The speakers who spoke enriched my life.  Some were long time members of the LDS church.  Others were recent members.  They were different, yet the same.  Just like all of us.

Different yet the same.

I hope I will be better in reaching out to others.  My husband, Dan, is such a great example in this area. I'll try.



1 comment:

  1. Nan, I loved this post the title and everything simple yet profound--the girls asked me if they could come with me to church next week--I am grateful for your sweet husband who gives us these challenges, and everytime he does it I think--"Oh no, not another one? I can't do that?" I have learned we can all do HARD things, and do them just a little better than we tried the day before, when we ask the Lord will provide a way. thank you, we all know that behind a wonderful man there is always a women who is his equal in all he does--xoxo

    ReplyDelete