Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stake Temple Day

Yesterday was our Stake Temple Day.  For some that may not be a significant event.  For me it is huge.  It is something I look forward to, as much as any holiday.  Our stake focuses on the temple.

Ever since my husband has been Stake President, we have spent the entire day in the temple on Stake Temple Day.  That may sound daunting or overwhelming to some.  I'm sure it did to me the first time. But now, it fills me with a spirit of peace and longing.  We arrive early in the morning. Yesterday we got there before 5:00am.  We leave at night. Yesterday we left about 8:00pm.

At different times we have done various ordinances on that day.  The last three Stake Temple Days have been different.  Instead of performing ordinances, we wait in the foyer and greet stake members as they arrive. It has been an amazing experience. Throughout the day, hundreds of members from our stake come through the temple doors.

They are filled with love, devotion to the Lord and appreciation and dedication to the temple. It is an honor to greet them and share those feelings with them.

Being in the temple with our stake members has created a true feeling of family for me.  I am the only member of the Church in my family, so this extended stake family is so very important to me.

If you want to feel close to the Savior and to your "family", attend the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment